Sunday, January 29, 2012

Banana Republic Review: Zoey Striped Wrap Dress + Red Handbag


Available in Tall, Regular, and Petite



This is the navy/white combo that is currently sold out online, but still available in many stores.  I am wearing a Petite Small here.  I ordered the Petite and then up-sized based on the length.  I plan on wearing this into the spring and summer and didn't want the length to look too matronly.  I am 5'6", BTW.  I got this a while back on the 40% off promo + a bunch of rewards cards... so basically like 20 bucks.



This is a true wrap style... I usually prefer a faux-wrap around the kiddos, but this one feels pretty secure.  The fabric has a nice hand-feel .... it COULD be a little thicker, but it's not see-thru or terribly clingy, so I am happy with the fabric.   The neckline is low and definitely (IMO) requires a cami underneath for work. (seeing boobs and butt in the workplace is one of my biggest pet peeves!)



I am sooo looking forward to pairing red with this dress.  I'd love to throw on a chunky coral necklace with this ... maybe even turquoise? The red J.Crew Mona pumps would look fab... as well as these sexy platforms by Michael Kors.  I am carrying my newest handbag 'deal' from Macy's - Michael Kors bag... love!  I've been looking for a red bag and was searching for a Kate Spade, but landed on this one which I snagged for about $80 with coupon - and even less with my merchandise exchange gift card I had from Christmas returns.  Sweet!

Other options available from Banana with more sizes available online:


No comments:

Post a Comment

What Are You Thinking?