Monday, January 30, 2012

Searching For the Perfect Red Denim

We've all seen the pop-of-color denim in magazines and stores right now, and I've become a little obsessed with finding a pair of classic red ones.  I'm definitely going to still keep an eye out for a hot pink and maybe blue, but red is my current project.  I'm still trying to decide if I want a jegging, skinny, cropped, or what... so here are the findings from my journey....

Tory Burch - Slim Cropped Denim - $175

CROPPED SLIM BOOT | RED VOLCANO | 629

When I saw these, I HAD to HAVE them.  And once I got them, I loved them, but I didn't LOVE them. {aka:  I didn't $175-love-them}  I've found that, while I think Tory's clothing is adorable, her denim fits me a little 'big' or 'baggy' in the tummy/crotch area which I don't like.  The waistline is a nice mid-rise that is pretty flattering and the bottoms are a little baby-bell-bottom, which is cute and a little more mature, IMO.  I really like the emblem-embroidered back pockets, too.  Alas, these went back.... I just didn't feel like I would get enough wears out of these in the red color to make it worth the price.... and the loose crotch area was the final deciding factor.







Michael Kors - Colored Skinny Jeans - $79.50

MICHAEL Michael Kors MICHAEL Michael Kors  Colored Skinny Jeans, Red

I haven't gotten these yet - still waiting on them to be shipped.  I love the gold tone accents and the fact that they are skinny and could potentially be hemmed to be cropped... I'll have to look into that!  I ordered these in the bright pink, as well... I'll keep you posted once they come in.  I'm very hopeful these will work out!



American Eagle - Jeggings - $44.50

Jegging

Not as cute in person as online, but a good choice if you like low-cut and are younger.  I would size up in these personally.



Express - Zelda Jean Legging - $79.90

ZELDA JEAN LEGGING

These do not work for me - WAY too low cut!  I also feel like they are a little overpriced, but you can get deals at Express.  Love the style, but this would have worked much better for me ten years ago!




Forever 21 - Fitted Skinny Jean - $15.50


These come in a million colors and you may want to size down.  I'm typically a 27 and got a 26 in these.  For the price... I ended up keeping these in the green and red and MAY still go back and get the green ones!  Will they last as long as the others?  Maybe not, but you can't beat the price!

Are there any pop-of-color jeans you've discovered an love?  I've seen some cute ones from J.Brand, Joe's, J.Crew, 7 For All Mankind, etc...  and I've love to hear which ones you've found and LOVE!  Thanks for stopping by...

1 comment:

  1. Ooooooo I loooove red jeans! I have a pair from Urban Outfitters that are getting a lot of wear, they are BDG and are fabulous :) And they weren't to pricey either! HTH

    Tasia

    ReplyDelete

What Are You Thinking?