Sunday, December 12, 2010

J.Crew Fair Isle Sweater Review

I'm wearing an XS here.


This sweater caught my eye right from the start.  The price turned my away just as quickly.  However, I ended up grabbing it when there was a sweater promo + my 30% off cardholder deal.  And still, at almost $100, I think they could have done a little better than acrylic as a main fabric component..... but whatever.  I figured that if the sweater was 100% wool (or even close) it would be overly-warm and thick, so that's how I'm justifying being ok with just a high "fake" content.

Moving on.  I really really love this sweater paired with black leggings.  I wasn't certain I was going to keep the sweater and it was just hanging out in my closet - getting to know my other sweaters - but I found myself getting excited to wear it, so I did.   I feel much better about keeping an indulgent purchase if I wear it right away.

Bottom Line:  TTS for JC sweaters.  It's a touch itchy, but I found it to be comfy with just a tank layered underneath.  The pattern is super cute and I love the snaps on the neckline.  Definitely a keeper.



1 comment:

  1. I got a chance to try it on. I added your link to my post on it. This one flew out the stores, I think.

    ReplyDelete

What Are You Thinking?