Sunday, November 22, 2009

J.Crew Reindeer Tee, Frances, and F21 Finds!!

Do I need another embellished tee? Are you kidding me? NO! But, when I saw this lovely lady online, I had to go ahead and order it .... mostly because I'm freakin' craving some Christmas right now, and also because I thought the color was nice and the beading was pretty striking.


As you can see from the photos below, I have several colors of cardigans that will compliment it nicely, plus the reindeer face doesn't get completely covered up! LOVE this shirt!!



Details: I got a size Small, my regular size (for JC tees!) The shirt fabric is substantial enough to hold the beading. I ordered this with free shipping when it was 20% off, so I'm pretty OK with paying $38.... regular price of $48 was a little steep for me! I LOVE that this shirt isn't black, white, or gray like ALL my other holiday tees!




As I mentioned in a previous post, my Silk Frances Cami in Deep Rose is probably my favorite piece from JC in recent roll-outs. I really really wanted the Autumn Sun (yellow) color and when it went on sale (or promo, or whatever the crap it was .... since it's now back to FP!?) I bit. I still love it, but not as much as I love it in the Deep Rose color! I'm not sure what I'm going to ultimately do about this top. I love it, but do I love it enough to keep it when my CC bill is so ugly?? Feel free to chime in.


(FYI - I took this picture without steaming the cami first... it would look better steamed, I'm sure!)


With F21 silky shorts - see below

I rarely make it into Forever 21 by myself (aka: without a little helper in a stroller) so I took advantage of my last trip by trying lots of stuff on and having a little fun. Above are some navy satin shorts I picked up. I plan on wearing them with tights (duh) but I was too lazy to put them on for just a picture. I ended up sizing up to a medium so that they were long enough to cover what I assume shorts are meant to cover ;)


Can you say: perfect holiday tank top? Just enough sparkle without going overboard. I sized up to a Medium in this tank since it's white. I would have gone with a small in any other darker color. (and they had this tank in several colors)

This tank has a lot more bling-factor, plus it is a lacy racer-back. I will be wearing a cardi over this I'm sure, but something about the gold and black really made me fall in love with this tank. This is a size small, they were out of the medium.

I already own this exact dress in black from a few years back and end up grabbing it as a go-to fun dress at least once or twice a year (especially if we're going to Vegas) because it's just so cute and easy to wear. When I saw it in this red/berry color, I didn't think twice about grabbing it up! I went with the small because I will ALWAYS wear tights or leggings under a dress this short! Love it!

*I'd like to give a little shout-out to my local F21 for having great employees who are knowledgeable and helpful. There was a gentleman working the front of the store the day I visited who was more than happy to help find sizes, colors, and give advice. At a store like F21, who caters to younger folks I'm afraid, it's nice to be treated like a valued customer. From what I've heard, sometimes the seasoned employees at the JC Collection Store can't even muster up a smile. Way to go, F21!

4 comments:

  1. I love those silky shorts. So cute! I like F21 employees. Once you engage them in conversation, it's on. Usually they are as helpful as can be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The reindeer tee is SO cute on you! I love the way you've styled it with the cardis. I agree, it's so much cuter than most of the other holiday stuff that's available.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if I would get a lot of use out of the the reindeer tee (it's one of those things that I would love to wear ONCE but I would probably get bored with pretty quickly. It happened with my zebra tee so no more animals for me this year) but it looks so cute on you, and the color is beautiful.

    The yellow Frances cami surely looks great with those shorts (great find BTW), but I don't know how many times you are going this outfit, so if you only like it with the shorts maybe you should return it? It's a tough color to wear in winter IMO.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ema: I totally agree with you on the Autumn Sun color. I'm not sure what drew me to it so much in the store, but now that I have it at home, I'm not thrilled. It almost looks too thin throughout the bodice or something.
    Anyway, it's funny you said that because I've already got it in a bag ready to go back to the store tomorrow! There were other cute tops I could wear with the shorts!
    Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete

What Are You Thinking?