Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Anton Sweater: Heather Camel & Dusk - J. Crew

Easy and effortless—this is the sweater you'll shrug on over everything from feminine dresses to a simple knit tee. Spun from a supersoft merino wool and cashmere blend in a lofty 7-gauge knit, it features a single-button closure and wide-ribbed trim. Merino wool/nylon/cashmere. Fitted. V-neck. Three-quarter sleeves. Hits at hip. Import. Dry clean. Item# 17857 Price: $98



My first fall-rollout review is of The Anton Sweater. After browsing through the August catalog, this sweater and the Minnie Pant were really the only items I felt strongly about trying, Luckily, my store received both and I was able to try-on and figure out what size I would need. The Anton sweaters completely flew off the shelves of my local B&M in all colors and sizes they got in. My store only carried the heather grey and charcoal colors of the sweater, so I was going to have to order the heather camel color anyway, so I went ahead and placed an online order for all the items.

My first reaction to the sweater was very positive. Sometimes I get an item and initially I'm not thrilled ... but then I guess I kind-of try to convince myself that I love it!? I don't know .... but anyway, this was not the case with this sweater!


It's a great mid-weight sweater.... not see-through or thin, but definitely something you could start wearing in the early Fall (at least in the midwest!) through the Winter under a coat and possibly into Spring. The fabric feels great, and in my honest opinion, better than most of their 100% cashmere options.



I absolutely love this sweater! My biggest concern is deciding which color to keep, because at the full price of $98, one of these beauties MUST go back!


Bottom Line: LOVE LOVE LOVE this. I allowed myself to purchase this FP b/c it was one of the very few things that caught my eye and I HAD to have! The sleeves run a bit tight, so I sized up to a Small. The sweater still hangs very nicely and is not too big or bulky... plus there is room to wear a tee underneath.


Do you have this sweater yet? If so, what do you think? How will you wear it? Are you holding out for it to go on sale? Which color should I keep?

9 comments:

  1. I saw this at my b&m also. I think the look and feel of the sweater are beautiful. Personally, I just think it's too short. It looks too short in relation to the wide banding on the front, IMO. It would be great on sale, maybe - just not a "must have" for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the heather camel color better, if I had to choose! Looks like a very lovely, soft, comfy, chic sweater!! Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this sweater, but I did not care for it on me. On me, like Suzy, I just felt like it was too short - given the cut, style, etc, it should be longer, more generous.

    Camel vs. gray - I don't know. I've been skewing gray this season, but I've also been craving a camel sweater to wear with jeans...go with the camel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the comments. I really LOVE both colors ... but I'm leaning toward the camel ONLY because my B&M hasn't gotten it in that color yet, so maybe not as many peeps in my area would have that color. Who knows!

    I never really considered the length being short at all... hmm. I'm actually very long waisted and often have a hard time getting shorter length tops to look right on me. I'll have to pay more attention to that when I try them on again later. I could definitely see the sweater being a big longer and still looking fab, but I like it at this length, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i LOVE this sweater. i have been trying to hold out, and i fear it will sell out in my size/color....i would not be able to let go of one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad this sweater worked out for you! Found your blog throug Gigis. Thanks for posting IRL pics. :)

    Hm..I think you should go with the camel because it complements your complexion better than the grey. On my monitor at least the camel makes you look alive and vibrant whereas the grey makes you look unusually tan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the sweater - like the gray most, but that's because that color goes better with my closet and colors.

    I think this is going to go on my Fall wish list! :)

    ReplyDelete

What Are You Thinking?