Sunday, December 27, 2009

J.Crew Sale Stuff

I totally bit when the J.Crew.com sale items were an extra 25% (I think) off and they were offering free shipping over $150 a little over a week ago.  There were some items I had been waiting for... Frances cami and Luxe tux tissue tee... and others that were a nice find ... Sherpa puffer coat and the Ultra-knit weekend pant.



I already knew I loved this top, and I really wanted a cami in the Cinnamon Spice color (I tried this color in the Kelsey shown below, but felt too much like a lion  and didn't like the front buttons), so this was a no-brainer.  I paid full-price for the dark rose colored one I already have and felt it was well worth it, so I was super pumped to get this puppy for $69 + 25% off.   I suggest your regular shirt size ... I got a 2... the 0 MIGHT have fit, but there was no need as this shirt isn't tent-like as so many recent camis have been!


Obviously I didn't steam this bad boy - sorry!  Anyway, can't wait to pair this with my Perfect pencil skirt in Cinnamon Stick - a surprising and delightful color combo. 


Frances in the Autumn Sun color - didn't do anything for me and almost see-though .... this went back


Cinnamon Spice color in the Kelsey cami.... I felt like a lion with all the ruffles around my neck... this went back as well.  However, love this color combo!

I became a little obsessed with this top online and couldn't wait to try it.  I love shirts with the ruffles in front because they look so great with cardigans!



Shown with off-white cardi from last year which, as with all my other JC cardis, has like 5 little holes in it.... making a "great deal" not so great when you have to constantly have it mended. Annoying.

For $24 + 25% off, I think this tee is a great deal and I love it!  I got a size Small, could have done a XS, but why?  FYI, I always but my tees a size larger than most people so as to avoid the dreaded muffin tops (as much as possible!)

My other super-amazing and exciting finds I didn't take photos in.... but they're awesome just the same!

First, how can you go wrong with a Sherpa puffer coat for $75?  I'm kind of a coat snob and this one passes the test.  Real down - check.  Hood - check.  Warm lining - check.  Long enough to keep you warm - check.  I have a long Michael Kors down puffer from last year, but this coat might be used more just for the simple fact that it's easier to move around in and less constrictive.  This little jewel will definitely be making the annual trip to New York with us this year!  I ended up getting a Small (kind-of a size-up I guess) and I can't imagine an XS would fit very well over anything other than a tee shirt, so I am happy with the size.  I love love love this cobalt color so several reasons: won't show dirt easily, stands out and isn't boring, and it's the school color of where I went to school (U. of Kentucky)... so I'm very happy with it!



Last but not least, I ordered the Ultra-knit weekend pant.... and as I sit in them now, I can tell you they were a great purchase.  I love that the elastic on the bottom lets me tuck them easily into boots.  I got a size small because they weren't on backorder like the XS.  The Small is fine, but the XS probably would have been better.  However, once washed and dried, I think they'll be great!  Love these too!


Hope everyone had a great holiday!  I got a LOFT and J.Crew gift card from the hubby, so I can't wait to make more fun purchases here soon!

1 comment:

  1. congrats on your purchases. i just bought the puffer coat in the light grey color today, and i can't wait to wear it!

    ReplyDelete

What Are You Thinking?