Friday, March 12, 2010

Talbots Twill Trench: Perfect in Pink!

What would spring be without the perfect, classic trench? In vibrant hues that lend a cheery feel to the grayest of days. Back length: M36"; P34"; W38". Cotton/ polyester. Dry clean. Imported. #H67013 (Available in many colors!)

I bought this coat ASAP after seeing a younger associate in Talbots wearing it over leggings and a tank top.  She was wearing it more as an outfit, not an overcoat.  Several of the smaller sizes were already gone and they had just put them out that day!
(FYI: These are very casual pics!  I'll show more soon with actual outfits!)
 
With hands in pockets... which are easy to get hands in and out of, BTW.  An excellent bonus.  Also, the buttons are 'internal' so as not to be seen.... which I think makes for a cleaner and dressier look.

Uhh, definitely looking prego here ... And, YES, I have on JC leopard print PJ pants on.... it was a lazy day!   Notice there is just enough details - like adjustable buckles on the sleeves and self-covered buttons on the pockets - to give it a nice and tailored look, without being too overboard trench-y ... does that even make sense?

I think this pic captures the nice sheen of the fabric.  There is a back slit that isn't really visible and the belt is thick enough so that you don't have to worry about it twisting up and looking bad in the back!


BOTTOM LINE

Size: I have to get either a Petite Petite (PP) or a Petite 2 (P2) in everything Talbots in order for it to work!  This is no different.  The 4P fit OK but the sleeves were a bit long.   This coat fits like a JC regular size 2 IMO.

Fabric:  The weight is excellent .... not too stiff, but certainly not flimsy or cheap at all!  The color I bought is called Gypsy Rose.... perfection!  I mean perfect!  I would describe it as raspberry sherbet.  Just gorgeous!  You have to see it in person!  As far as functionality, I think this will repel water and stains quite nicely and the length is great because it's not too long and constricting, but just long enough to be flattering.

Price: I found a 20% code online and got free shipping, so I'm OK with that!  I am a coat person AND a pink person, so this was pretty much a must-buy for me!

2 comments:

What Are You Thinking?