Sunday, June 7, 2009

Ann Taylor LOFT - Geo Print Shorts

ATL Description:
Shorts of soft, brushed canvas feature a modish two-tone geo print. Zip front. One-button closure. Two angled front pockets. Two button-flap back pockets. 4" inseam. $39.50

I first saw these shorts in a cardboard coupon advertisement that came in the mail at the end of May. My initial thought was that they looked a lot like some of J. Crew's shorts from this season. Particularly, they remind me of the Wallpaper Jacquard, Sunblocks-print, and Ikat shorts currently being offered at J. Crew... but cheaper ... bonus!

I was willing to check them out! As with almost all *awesome* (not just cute, but super-cute!) items that LOFT offers (there are probably 2-4 items each season that fall into this category IMO) my local store was already running low on inventory by the time I got there to try them on!

The shorts come in a khaki/white and a black / white pattern. The first thing I noticed about the shorts was how super-soft the fabric was!! WAY softer than any of the J.Crew shorts previously mentioned, or any that I have ever owned! The lenth is also just a touch longer at 4" than my normal 3" short, which is nice. I can't quite pull-off the 5 inchers without feeling like a total mom with no legs, but the 4" is perfect!! My store was already out of zeros, and so was online and all the other stores in my area, so I sized up to a 2 and took a chance that they would shrink in the wash and dryer. They did shrink a little bit, which made them very comfy and wearable. I've already worn them twice.

Sorry about the crappy picture... I didn't actually have a good outfit on, so I chose to spare you!



*Ended Up With: the khaki/white color, size 2 (a little big), purchased at FP (rare for me!) but with a 20% off coupon
*Outfit Ideas: Gold strappy sandals, Neutral solid colored top, Gold jewelry
**Bottom Line: BUY - TTS to a bit large (ATL runs big anyway IMO)

2 comments:

  1. Hi, welcome to the fashion (or should I say shopping) blog world, I already love it (your blog).

    BTW, supercute shorts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I started realizing my "mommy"/ family blog was focusing way too much on fashion and shopping ... so this is my new outlet!

    ReplyDelete

What Are You Thinking?