Friday, June 19, 2009

Denim Cruise Shorts - J. Crew

A warm-weather essential. We styled ours in soft cotton and added a hint of stretch for comfort. The buttons? They're denim tacks City fit—our lowest rise. Sits just above hip. Belt loops. Zip fly. Side-seam pockets, back welt pockets with button closure. 3" inseam. Import. Machine wash.

was $58.00 select colors $29.99 item 12065



I wasn't so sure about these when they first came out. In fact, they might have been subject of a "questionable item of the week" over on the JCA blog. However, after trying on the American Eagle blue jean shorts I bought a couple of years ago, it was clear I needed a new pair... an upgrade. Not just an upgrade in fabric and fit, but something a little more grown-up.



I had to stalk these for a few days online (since my store only has the white ones left in stock), but thanks to "Ema's" help in a previous post {thanks again!}, I was able to snag them late last week. They came a couple of days ago. I was concerned that I might have needed to size up (like with the giraffe print shorts) but since there was only one pair online when I bought them, I went with my normal size.


Upon first trying on, the fabric felt substantial and nice, but still appropriate for summer. I really love the gold button accents on the back and front. The fit is perfect, with just the right amount of stretch. The color is also quite nice. A perfect in-between color that's 'just right' paired with just about anything. I really love these shorts... so my old ones are in the donation bin now! Can't wait to wear them!











**Bottom Line: I really like these. They will be a good, essential addition to my summer wardrobe. These run TTS.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Are You Thinking?