Monday, June 8, 2009

Old News - Oaks and Derby 'Fits

This is clearly a little late in posting, but I really put a lot of thought and moolah into my outfits for The Kentucky Oaks and Derby this year, so I would at least like to showcase them here, and possibly lend some outfit ideas, by posting them here.

Oaks outfit:


Cami - J. Crew Cotton stretch cami in white
Cardigan - J. Crew Fresco Cardigan
Skirt - J. Crew Stretch Sateen Pencil Skirt in Soft Seashell (in-store only color)
Shoes - J. Crew Paige Chunky Heel Sandals in Metallic Blush
Necklace - F21
Headband - J. Crew

PS - FFM, via Polyvore and her FABULOUS blog helped me coordinate this outfit! Thanks again FFM for your fashion talent!




Derby Outfit:



Dress - J. Crew Silk Habotai Gladiola Dress
Hat- Dee's Crafts
Necklace- J. Crew Botanical Necklace in Gray
Bracelet- Von Maur
Cardigan - J. Crew Bouquet Cardigan in Pewter
Shoes- Ann Taylor Loft Gray strappy sandals

I cannot even tell you how hard I had to work out to fit back into this dress in the hip area after our trip to Jamaica!! It was worth it though! I love how light and airy this dress is! Do you have it? What do you think? There were several items that came in the same Gladiola print this year ... I really like it... but I don't buy a lot of silk clothing, with a 2-year-old it's basically a kiss-of-death!

1 comment:

  1. Oh thank you for posting the pics Lindsey! You look absolutely GORGEOUS! It looks like you and DH had a wonderful time. :)

    ReplyDelete

What Are You Thinking?